Accounts Payable Manager (R2400)
Accounting & Finance
Dallas County, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 7, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Projects you might work on:
- Managing a team of approximately three to four, including supervision, performance management, training, and other line management responsibilities.
- Implementing and monitoring standard procedures and improving the internal control environment across the team.
- Managing the month end process for accounts payable, expense reimbursements, and credit cards to ensure that deadlines are met with all applicable accounts, including reconciliations.
- Building relationships with key suppliers and key internal business partners in materials and supply chain.
- Overseeing the purchase ledger function, ensuring all invoices are processed and payment runs are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring all supplier statements are fully reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Improving the purchase ledger and expense reimbursement process, including system implementations and enhancements.
- Standardization of Purchase Order to Payment process across the group.
- Approvals of bank payments in line with group policies.
- Working closely with the management accounting teams to support accurate reporting for the group.
- Supporting the Year End and interim audit processes as required.
- Staying informed of changes in financial regulations and legislation as applicable to the team.
- Provide weekly updates to the Controller using meaningful metrics and KPIs to aid monitoring the performance of the team
- Support Treasury and cash forecasting process
- Manage expense reimbursement process, including coding reviews and approvals for submitted expense reports
- Conduct expense report audits to ensure compliance with company policy
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience, plus 3 years of people leadership experience.
- Implementation of system enhancements related to the Accounts Payable process
- Experience with banking integrations, native or external purchase order systems, budgeting tools, etc.
- Build out of AP function with leading practices to be best in class
- Experience in Manufacturing industry a plus.
- Experience with Costpoint a plus
- Implementation experience with banking integrations, native or external purchase order systems, budgeting tools, etc.
- Experience with international expansions a plus
- Experience with government regulations preferred
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.