Systems Integration and Test (R2496)
Dallas County, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Are you a passionate, innovative, experienced Test Engineer looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI and robotics products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a system test engineer, you will lead and facilitate system-level lab test activities for V-BAT platform. This includes design, creation, build and integration of complex test fixtures, generation and execution of test procedures and collection and analysis of data to assess product performance, identify a product’s design strengths and areas for improvement, and communicate results and recommendations to the engineering organization via detailed test reports. Additional responsibilities include maintenance, configuration control, and documentation of standardized operating procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Interface across engineering functions to design test facilities and facilitate system-level testing on aircraft and representative hardware in Systems Integration Lab (SIL) environment to include:
- Perform test facility design tasks which will include development of test bench BOMs, harness drawing development, network diagrams, mechanical design of work benches and server rack integration.
- Execute system verification test plans and provide direction for those using the System Integration Lab (SIL) facilities including SITS (Iron bird) Bench, Payload Integration Bench, GCS Integration Bench, HIL Test Bench and Regression Test HIL Bench and capture/organize raw data and observation artifacts.
- Manage the hardware and software configuration control system for SIL test assets including maintaining an inventory and checkout system for any contained HIL/GCS stations.
- Develop and release Standardized Operation Procedures (SOP) for facility infrastructure and use of capital test assets.
- Design, build and maintain one or more GCS test benches to be used for all V-BAT GCS software verification testing (including Kutta, Vigilant Spirit, and VBC) as well as cyber security testing.
- Support the development of a compartmentalized test network architecture to facilitate the testing needs of the SIL.
- Manage facility access control, audit preparation, ESH&M compliance
- Support management activities including producing test artifacts, asset scheduling, utilization metrics, and resource planning for test events as well as capital expenditures for asset maintenance, upgrades and calibration.
- Perform work bench fabrication tasks to build, maintain and update the SIL lab test facilities.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 0 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience in test engineering related field.
- B.S. degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline, such as Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with Test Engineering practices and principals, including developing test plans, test procedures, and test reporting.
- Experience with cross-functional support with Systems Engineering and design engineering functions.
- You are organized and methodical.
- You are a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Experience with Digital Test Tools (SpiraTest, JIRA, ADO, Jazz, Cameo, DOORs, etc.)
- Experience with Defense Acquisition University (DAU) processes and procedures
- LabVIEW, Matlab or Python (for testing) experience.
- Experience with test automation techniques
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.