This paid internship will provide you with the opportunity to work in the legal department of a healthcare startup, obtaining practical in-house experience that will leave you better equipped to compete in today’s legal environment. As our legal intern, you will gain incomparable insight into the legal issues affecting a healthcare startup. You will be an active member of the Legal team and counted on to assist with both complex projects and day-to-day responsibilities. You can expect to be included in matters such as participating in negotiations, collaborating with stakeholders on risk strategies, and evaluating critical legal issues related to healthcare, privacy, and corporate matters. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The pay range for this position is $25-$35 per hour**
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Flexible time off policy
**Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual incentive plan and stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
What you get to do every day:
- Support day to day legal needs of internal business units and teams. Assist with day-to-day legal support activities, such as reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, written consents and other similar documentation, supporting analysis of contractual and other disputes with third parties, as well as reviewing regulatory compliance requirements in key areas.
- Review a wide variety of commercial contracts and support our internal business units by helping the legal team build out its contract management system and internal reporting tools
- Refresh and develop internal training materials on contracting, risk management and compliance topics for training of internal teams
- Research changes and developments in certain laws (e.g., state privacy, telemedicine, and corporate practice of medicine laws, healthcare regulatory laws, etc.) and advise on business impact
- Prepare Company documents to be used by Legal and business leaders; update policies and form agreements and/or create new policies and form agreements consistent with the law
- Support Thirty Madison’s risk management process through a series of activities related to risk assessment, mitigation, and process documentation
- Help drive special projects designed to enhance the legal department’s ability to carry out our mission of providing excellent client service while enabling the business to achieve its objectives
What you bring to the role:
- Rising 2L or 3L in good academic standing at an ABA accredited law school, interested in learning how a healthcare startup’s legal department operates
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with teams at all levels of the company
- Self-starter with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment with simultaneous and varied work
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Positive and professional attitude, including dependability, timeliness, and good judgment
- Strong interest in healthcare & health tech
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory laws, HIPAA & state privacy laws
- Previous work experience at a startup or healthcare company
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
Thirty Madison and COVID-19 Management
Our primary goal since the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. Thirty Madison has and will continue to examine and institute solutions according to the CDC’s recommendations and mandates. We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19, including work-from-home office stipends, medical reimbursements, company-wide Refresh days off, and other resources to support a hybrid work environment. Please reach out to your recruiter for additional questions regarding COVID and our workplace policies.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.
Something looks off?