Sales and Product Engineer
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You love driving high-visibility, high-impact projects that help companies scale in new markets worldwide. You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and use your strong communication skills to influence and collaborate with key partners successfully. You’re an analytical and nimble executor who believes quality work and thoughtful strategy is vital to sustainable business growth.
About this role
The New Ventures team at Udemy Business is looking for a Sales and Solutions Engineer with excellent communication and organization skills, knowledge and experience with software development practices and techniques, and a passion to help businesses become modern “learning organizations”. Success requires close collaboration with multiple teams including engineering, design, sales, customer success, support, and a set of diverse stakeholders around the world, including our regional partners.
You will need to understand general issues across a wide technical landscape including authentication protocols (e.g. SAML), will support our Customer Success and Sales Teams with API-based integration for small and large enterprise customers and having knowledge of security protocols surrounding handling of personal data is a big plus.
Based in Singapore, the role reports to the Udemy Business Manager along with a dotted line into the Udemy Business Sales and Solutions Engineering team, with direct support for Sales, Customer Success, Product Development, and Customer Support teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for partners, and internal teams on all aspects of integration between Udemy Business and SaaS applications; e.g., via Web Single Sign-On, API and HRIS/LMS integrations, analytics, and reporting data streams.
- Create code samples, demos, articles and tutorials for a highly technical audience
- Perform developer advocacy and outreach.
- Troubleshoot solutions for integrating Udemy Business with SaaS applications.
- Collaborate with the Solutions Engineering and Product teams to improve our integration services.
What you’ll have:
- Strong interest in contributing to and creating an enjoyable learning experience for end users.
- Technical experience with: Modern JS frameworks (NodeJS, React)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architecture (e.g., AWS, Azure).
- Understanding Web APIs, DNS (e.g., CloudFlare) and experience debugging Web applications (e.g., Chrome DevTools).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean preferably.
- Confident and capable of interacting directly with customers and prospects.
- A basic understanding of core security concepts; e.g., SSL/TLS, encryption ciphers, and GDPR data privacy.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
About our APAC region
When you join Udemy in our Asia Pacific (APAC) region, you’ll have the chance to help our globally established business grow locally. We have a solid foundation and a great reputation — and you can be part of the next stage of our journey.
Our investment in the region is significant, with offices in Australia and India and an expanding presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, and beyond. It comes with countless opportunities to make learning more accessible to millions. You’ll work with various cultures with unique needs, affording you the chance to learn and progress in your career. And that progression doesn’t come at the cost of work-life balance; people are at the heart of our mission, which is why we’re committed to looking after ours.
Something looks off?