Director, Customer Success Operations
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re a collaborative, data-driven, and creative problem-solver who loves diving into the details. You thrive in dynamic environments like ours where you can strategically build systems, processes, and tools to create best-in-class customer experiences. You love influencing our company’s growth journey and enabling our internal go-to-market teams to efficiently generate revenue and scale.
About this role
Customers are the heart of our business, and how we serve and continue to delight our customers is paramount to our success. We are looking for a Director of Customer Success Operations to help drive the strategy and operational effectiveness of our Customer Success team. This role will report to the head of GTM Strategy & Operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and own strategic and operational vision to support and drive business decisions for UB Customer Success, Renewals, Professional Services and Customer Success at Scale
- Hire, coach and manage a Customer Success Operations team
- Partner with the CS leadership team on strategy, revenue forecasting, retention and KPI reporting so we always know where we are relative to our goals
- Manage customer distribution and capacity planning across all CS segments to ensure the best possible experience for our customers
- Develop insights into our customer data health so we can detect early signals of at-risk renewals and identify upsell opportunities (SFDC and Gainsight)
- Identify process automation and improvement opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to drive these initiatives, such as Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance
What you’ll have:
- 8+ years of experience of building and leading a team - B2B SaaS environment is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in an Operations role focused on Customer Success
- Experience managing and leading strategy for software and tools related to Customer Success Management in a B2B SaaS environment; Salesforce and Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc) a must; Gainsight a plus
- Experience working with leadership, and leading cross functional initiatives in mid-sized organizations
- Experience scaling high growth organizations and passion for designing processes that scale
- Strong project management skills, and a data-driven mindset, with a commitment to process improvement
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, virtual family care, reproductive health, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
The hiring range for this position is $182,000 - $240,000. Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits and equity in addition to an annual bonus.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?