Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and other US locations. Our robust hybrid work model spans San Francisco, Denver, Ankara, Dublin, and Melbourne. This hybrid position requires two days per week in the office at the nearest hub.
Learn more about us on our company page.
You roll up your sleeves and dive into all activities associated with building businesses. You seek to understand the “bigger picture” and the strategic value of your work. You are humble and curious. You understand B2B businesses, build complex financial models, and distill findings into actionable business insights. You possess a collaborative approach to problem solving and foster effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives, and blockers. You are organized, able to balance priorities, and communicate well. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions, and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment, and are able to influence outcomes globally.
About this role
Udemy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis. You will be a key member of the FP&A team and serve as a key interface between Finance and the other departments. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the short-term and long-term business forecast. You will monitor actual performance against the budget and partner with the business to adjust as necessary. You will also be responsible for delivering value-added revenue and business analysis that leads to insightful and accurate decision-making. The role is a highly visible role within Udemy and works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate forecasts, along with participating in special projects. You will learn a lot.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for FP&A activities related to Udemy’s Enterprise business including budgeting, planning, and forecasting, as well as reporting/analyzing key business metrics (GDR, GDRR, NDRR, etc)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews for Leadership teams pinpointing key insights, shortfalls, and opportunities.
- Partner closely with Recruiting, HR, and Business partners to manage headcount and plan hires that fit within the Financial Plans
- Identify and monitor key sales metrics such as ARR, New Bookings, Clawbacks, Renewals, Upsells, churn, etc for multiple products
- Prepare and analyze full-funnel metrics for the Enterprise SaaS business by region and segment to ensure operational alignment.
- Improve planning processes and systems (Excel, Adaptive Insights) and financial reporting structure and processes (Netsuite) to enhance management visibility and decision-making.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to provide financial visibility and unlock opportunities, improve conversions, and improve Returns on Investments.
- Help create and maintain dashboards in SFDC and Tableau to provide valuable insights to senior leadership
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field.
- Experience with a high growth enterprise business (B2B SaaS preferred) and 5-8 years of progressive, relevant experience (FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, etc).
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities focused on enterprise subscription businesses.
- Strong systems aptitude and expert-level proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets and Salesforce
- Experience with SQL and BI tools
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills. Ability to manage projects with a thoughtful level of attention.
- Understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards and accruals
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.