Head of Customer Engagement, Udemy Business Leadership Academy
Head of Customer Engagement
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
This hybrid position requires two days per week in our San Francisco office.
You're ambitious and love driving high-visibility, high-impact projects. You're an active listener, an excellent communicator, and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative learning environment like ours. You're ready for a challenge and can execute thoughtful strategy and quality work.
About this role
As the Head of Customer Engagement for the Udemy Business Leadership Academy, you will lead the development of a new function in the business. You and your team will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver learning experiences that allow our customers to achieve their business outcomes. In addition, the function will be responsible for deepening our relationships across the organization. The growth of these customer relationships is critical to the success of our business in the Leadership Academy.
The Head of Customer Engagement will serve on the UBLA Leadership Team and report to the General Management of UBLA. Because this is a new function, you will start in a player/coach role, managing two Engagement Managers and also managing your own portfolio of customer accounts.
What you'll be doing
- Recruit and develop a high performing team of Engagement Managers.
- Build processes and tools to enable the business to scale effectively and to simplify the work required of the Engagement Managers on your team.
- Identify opportunities to extend the relationship with our existing account.
- Represent the function in meetings of the UB Leadership team, bringing performance insights and opportunities to improve the impact we deliver for our learners and their organizations.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders within customer organizations.
- Coordinate internal resources, including instructional designers, facilitators, and technical support teams, to meet goals.
- Work closely with clients to customize Udemy's leadership development programs, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and leadership competencies.
What you’ll have
- Strong team management skills, including the hiring, development, support and retention of the individuals on the team
- Experience working collaboratively across functions to deliver outcomes for customers, preferably in a leadership development business
- Proven experience in a customer success role, project management, or engagement management, preferably in a leadership development or consulting environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with senior executives and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze client needs, propose solutions, and oversee the successful implementation of projects.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.