Manager Sales and Account Development
Manager Sales and Account Development
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
To continue doing great work, we need an energetic people leader that wants to join a burgeoning team, in a fast-growing business who is passionate about helping to coach and develop our growing ADR/SDR team
This role will give you the opportunity to hire and shape a fantastic growing team in the Business Development organization. To be successful, you should pride yourself as a people leader first but have a strong process-oriented style as well as a positive attitude that you use to influence those around you.
Respect, humility & authenticity will go a long way in this team. If you’re looking for high-speed professional growth and a lot of laughter, this team is for you. If your passion is to share ideas, knowledge and insights that help solve problems, you must apply.
What you'll be doing
- Own and drive the execution of Udemy's new business pipeline goals
- Analyze top-of-the-funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influence across segments.
- Implement strategies to enhance pipeline efficiency and effectiveness.
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain top-tier Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) and Account Development Representatives (ADRs).
- Coach and mentor high-performing SDRs/ADRs to transition into successful Account Executives.
- Lead the team through inspiration, service leadership, and adherence to Udemy's core values.
What you’ll have
- Have 5 plus years of leadership experience with a track record of excellence leading high-performing, pipeline generation, and closing organizations in a fast-growing high-technology company.
- Are excited by attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class talent early in their Sales and Management careers.
- Experience with SaaS/subscription based sales model
- Feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability, pride, and passion for your work
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis.
- Have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable.
- Have an obsession with being data-driven, highly analytical, lead through influence and you are a structured thinker.
- Think big by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable revenue models, mastery of sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development.
- Proven track record of quota attainment both as an individual contributor and Manager
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the India:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, life and income protection coverage
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement. 26 weeks paid maternity leave for birthing parents as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: 12% of your base salary or INR 1,800 per month
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Holidays: 25 paid holidays throughout the year plus bank holidays
About our APAC region
When you join Udemy in our Asia Pacific (APAC) region, you’ll have the chance to help our globally established business grow locally. We have a solid foundation and a great reputation — and you can be part of the next stage of our journey.
Our investment in the region is significant, with offices in Australia and India and an expanding presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, and beyond. It comes with countless opportunities to make learning more accessible to millions. You’ll work with various cultures with unique needs, affording you the chance to learn and progress in your career. And that progression doesn’t come at the cost of work-life balance; people are at the heart of our mission, which is why we’re committed to looking after ours.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.