At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
Udemy is looking for a Sales and Solutions Engineer for the Latin America region with excellent communication and organizational skills, knowledge and experience with software development practices and techniques, and a passion for helping businesses become modern “learning and upskilling organizations. Driving results for our customers and partners is vital, and this role requires someone who will fill the gaps that exist with a keen ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. As the world so often changes around us, you will need to be flexible in a fast-paced and growing business.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for customers, and internal teams on all aspects of integration between Udemy Business and other SaaS applications; e.g., via Web Single Sign-On, API and API-based integrations, external analytics, and reporting data streams.
- Create documentation such as code samples, integration articles and tutorials for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Create/Manage open source projects in partnerships with your Sales and Solutions Engineer colleagues.
- Become a key contributor to Udemy’s community engagement for our UB customers.
- Implement and document solutions that leverate Udemy Business Web Services (e.g., REST APIs and xAPIs) with 3rd party SaaS applications.
- Support our partners with use case definition, technical architecture, solutioning and deployment of Udemy Business within their business models and tech stack.
- Collaborate with the Solutions Engineering, Product Engineering, Legal, Information Security teams to improve our integration services and product security messaging.
What you’ll have
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish, Portuguese, and English. Fluency in Spanish and English will be the minimum language requirement.
- 5-7 years in enterprise Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience in a SaaS organization.
- Solid understanding of authentication protocols (e.g., SAML 2.0, SCIM, OAuth/OpenID Connect), Web APIs, SMTP (e.g, SendGrid), DNS (e.g., CloudFlare) and experience debugging Web applications (e.g., Chrome DevTools).
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about leveraging the latest advancements in AI and machine learning to drive innovation with our prospects and customers. As an S&SE, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge genAI technologies to help our prospects and customers to achieve business outcomes through learning and upskilling with Udemy Business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections in customer integrations; problem-solving is in your DNA.
- An understanding of core security concepts; e.g., SSL/TLS, encryption ciphers, and LGPD/GDPR data privacy.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience architecting or deploying Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML 2.0, OIDC, SCIM, Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth 2, across disparate identity solutions such as Okta, Azure/AD FS, PingOne/PingFederate, OneLogin.
- Experience with online learning technologies technologies and learning management systems is a big plus.
Technical experience with
- Python (Django framework), java, modern JS frameworks (Angular, React)
- Experience working with microservices.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architecture (e.g., AWS).
- Experience with popular structured query languages (mysql, postgres, pl/sql).
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.